These tasty burger have lots of flavor! My dear Uncle Mickey shared the recipe with me years ago. —Brenda Sorrow, Kannapolis, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Mayonnaise, lettuce leaves and sliced tomatoes and red onion
- In a bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns with mayonnaise, lettuce, tomatoes and onion.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 408 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 649mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Herb Burgers in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.