Air-Fryer Herb and Cheese-Stuffed Burgers
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min./batch
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, sliced
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Optional toppings: Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, mayonnaise and additional ketchup
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. In a small bowl, combine green onions, parsley and 2 teaspoons mustard. In another bowl, mix bread crumbs, ketchup, seasonings and remaining 2 teaspoons mustard. Add beef to bread crumb mixture; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape mixture into 8 thin patties. Place sliced cheese in center of 4 patties; spoon green onion mixture over cheese. Top with remaining patties, pressing edges together firmly, taking care to seal completely.
- Place burgers in a single layer in air-fryer basket. Working in batches as needed, air-fry 8 minutes; flip and continue cooking until a thermometer reads 160°, 6-8 minutes longer. Serve burgers on buns, with toppings if desired.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 369 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 850mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Jan 9, 2020
I just got my air fryer and this is the third thing I have cooked in it. These were great, my whole family loved them. Served them with air fries. There are three of us trying to lose weigh and have diabetes so this helps keep the calories down and still gives us good food at the same time.