Air Fryer Herb and Cheese-Stuffed Burgers
Tired of the same old ground-beef burgers? This quick-fix alternative, with its creamy cheese filling, will wake up your taste buds.—Sherri Cox, Lucasville, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min./batch
- 1/4 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Optional toppings: lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. In a small bowl, mix cheddar cheese, green onions, parsley and 1 teaspoon mustard. In another bowl, mix bread crumbs, ketchup, seasonings and remaining mustard. Add beef to bread crumb mixture; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape mixture into eight thin patties. Spoon cheese mixture onto the center of four patties; top with remaining patties, pressing edges together firmly, taking care seal completely.
- Place burgers in a single layer in air fryer basket. Working in batches as needed, air fry 10 minutes; flip and continue cooking until a thermometer reads 160°, 8-10 minutes longer.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 369 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 850mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Herb and Cheese Burgers in What Can I Cook In My ...
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.