Air-Fryer Herb and Cheese-Stuffed Burgers
Tired of the same old ground beef burgers? These quick air-fryer hamburgers, with their creamy cheese filling, will wake up your taste buds.—Sherri Cox, Lucasville, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min./batch
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, sliced
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Optional toppings: Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, mayonnaise and additional ketchup
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. In a small bowl, combine green onions, parsley and 2 teaspoons mustard. In another bowl, mix bread crumbs, ketchup, seasonings and remaining 2 teaspoons mustard. Add beef to bread crumb mixture; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape mixture into 8 thin patties. Place sliced cheese in center of 4 patties; spoon green onion mixture over cheese. Top with remaining patties, pressing edges together firmly, taking care to seal completely.
- Place burgers in a single layer in air-fryer basket. Working in batches as needed, air-fry 8 minutes; flip and continue cooking until a thermometer reads 160°, 6-8 minutes longer. Serve burgers on buns, with toppings if desired.
Test Kitchen tip