Hash Brown Pork Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the potatoes, onion and green pepper in butter over medium heat until almost tender. Stir in the pork, bouillon and pepper; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth; add to skillet. Cook on medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 286 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
May 21, 2015
Jan 19, 2015
This was okay. I may have been a bit heavy handed with the pepper for my liking, but my husband enjoyed it. My daughter didn't like it at all. Will try it again, and see how it is next time.
May 23, 2012
This was so good and so easy! I used Jimmy Dean Maple sausage since I didn't have any pork and used dehydrated green peppers. I know we will be making this again as it is a great recipe!
Oct 31, 2011
Very good flavor. I used breakfast sausage instead of cubed pork, and usually omit the cheese, but good either way!
Aug 8, 2011
This was really good. A great way to use up leftover pork and I always seem to have a partial bag of frozen potatos. I halved the recipe to try it and it was perfect as written.
Mar 8, 2010
I used pork sausage for this recipe. Was great.
Jun 18, 2009
I couldn't believe how good this was with so little effort. I omitted the green pepper for my family but the flavor did not suffer. Great recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.