- 4 cups frozen potatoes O'Brien, thawed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded cooked pork
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook the potatoes, onion and green pepper in butter over medium heat until almost tender. Stir in the pork, bouillon and pepper; heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth; add to skillet. Cook on medium-low heat until mixture is thickened, stirring frequently, 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
1 cup: 286 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.