Pork Sandwich Spread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups ground cooked pork
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Pepper to taste
- 12 slices white bread
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread over six slices of bread, about 1-1/3 cups on each; top with remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 284 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 fat.
May 31, 2013
I love this recipe, I omit the celery, as my husband doesn't like celery. We like it on wheat or white buns. Wonderful!!!
Feb 5, 2012
This is very good. A great way to use up leftover pork. We tried it as a sandwich and on crackers as an appetizer. Both ways are wonderful. Thanks, Lorraine. This is a keeper.
Dec 25, 2008
I always make this by using up my left over pork roast. I chop it up in the food processor and then proceed with the recipe. My husband loves it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.