Dutch-Oven Pulled Pork Sandwiches
These fabulous Dutch-oven pulled pork sandwiches have a sweet, tangy flavor. If you want a smokier taste, add a little liquid smoke to the pulled pork before returning it to the Dutch oven. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (2 pounds)
- 8 seeded hamburger bun, split
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first six ingredients; add the pork. Spoon some of the sauce over pork. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until meat is tender, 3-4 hours.
- Remove meat; shred with two forks. Return to pan and heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun.