PB&J Pork Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 3 to 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder butt roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 ciabatta rolls, split
- Coleslaw, optional
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, whisk broth, peanut butter, preserves, brown sugar, onion, vinegar, mustard and garlic; pour over meat. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Preheat broiler. Remove roast; cool slightly. Shred pork with 2 forks. Return pork to slow cooker; heat through. Brush butter over cut sides of rolls. Place rolls, buttered side up, on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 30-60 seconds or until golden brown. Using a slotted spoon, spoon pork mixture onto roll bottoms; top with coleslaw if desired. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 862 calories, 49g fat (15g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 1207mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fiber), 51g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 20, 2019
Prepared this recipe with ground beef, since I don't care for ground pork. Served the mixture over whole wheat pasta instead of as a sandwich. Delicioso!
Mar 27, 2017
Everyone at the table liked the Thai-inspired flavor of these sandwiches. I pretty much followed the recipe except I used regular chicken broth and mustard. The recipe suggests serving with coleslaw. I didn't have any but I can see how it would go well with the PB&J Pork Sandwiches.