PB&J Pork Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 3 to 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder butt roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 ciabatta rolls, split
- Coleslaw, optional
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, whisk broth, peanut butter, preserves, brown sugar, onion, vinegar, mustard and garlic; pour over meat. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Preheat broiler. Remove roast; cool slightly. Shred pork with 2 forks. Return pork to slow cooker; heat through. Brush butter over cut sides of rolls. Place rolls, buttered side up, on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 30-60 seconds or until golden brown. Using a slotted spoon, spoon pork mixture onto roll bottoms; top with coleslaw if desired. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 862 calories, 49g fat (15g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 1207mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fiber), 51g protein.
Mar 27, 2017
Everyone at the table liked the Thai-inspired flavor of these sandwiches. I pretty much followed the recipe except I used regular chicken broth and mustard. The recipe suggests serving with coleslaw. I didn't have any but I can see how it would go well with the PB&J Pork Sandwiches.