Cajun Pork Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each), trimmed
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 36 French bread slices or mini buns
- Butter or mayonnaise
- Lettuce leaves
- Thin slivers of green and sweet red pepper
- Place tenderloins in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Rub each with 1 teaspoon oil.
- Combine the paprika, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, pepper, salt if desired, cumin, nutmeg and cayenne; pat over tenderloins. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes; thinly slice. Spread bread or buns with butter or mayonnaise; top with lettuce, pork and green and red pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 124 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Oct 5, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this pork. It was tender and flavorful, not to mention easy. It was perfect with mayo and lettuce on a bun.
Aug 18, 2013
This is a great example of what cajun pork should taste like, and even better because it comes in sandwich form. I added a bit more garlic due to personal taste preferences and it was great. http://www.printablecouponsanddeals.com has tons of great coupons. You might wanna check there before buying the ingredients for this recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.