Cajun Roasted Pork
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, crushed red pepper flakes, ground cumin and white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Rub pork roast with oil. Combine remaining ingredients and rub over roast. Cover and refrigerate for 1-3 hours.
- Bake, uncovered at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Transfer to a serving platter. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 197 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Jul 30, 2013
This was a nice simple pork recipe. Nothing spectacular, but a nice change from the ordinary. Plus it's on the light side since all the flavors come from a spice rub.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.