Pork Barbecue Sandwiches
We were happy when there was pork roast on the menu because we were sure that, within the next few days, we'd be feasting on leftover pork in these tasty sandwiches. -George Hascher, Phoenicia, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups shredded cooked pork
- 4 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the ketchup, salt and mustard. Add pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve on rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 398 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1720mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Pork Barbecue Sandwiches in Reminisce Extra August 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.