Blackened Pork Caesar Salad
When I cook, the goal is to have enough leftovers for lunch the next day. This Caesar with pork has fantastic flavor even when the meat is chilled. —Penny Hedges, Dewdney, British Columbia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon blackened seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 cups torn romaine
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and salad croutons, optional
- For dressing, in a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended.
- Toss pork with blackened seasoning. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook and stir until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- To serve, place romaine in a large bowl; add dressing and toss to coat. Top with pork, and, if desired, croutons and cheese.
Nutrition Facts2-1/2 cups: 458 calories, 31g fat (5g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Mar 15, 2016
Simple and tasty. I never thought of adding pork to a caesar. Dressing was light and refreshing but, to save even more time, your favorite prepared caesar dressing would work just as well.