Barbecue Pork Cobb Salad
My lunchtime salad gets way more interesting topped with barbecue pork, cheddar cheese and creamy avocado. It's as satisfying as it is scrumptious. —Shawn Carleton, San Diego, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1-1/4 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 12 cups chopped romaine
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 2 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red or green pepper, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- Salad dressing of your choice
- In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, mix barbecue sauce, garlic powder and paprika. Add pork; turn to coat. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove pork from slow cooker; shred into bite-sized pieces. In a bowl, toss pork with 1 cup barbecue sauce mixture. Place romaine on a large serving platter; arrange pork, vegetables, avocado, eggs, bacon and cheese over romaine. Drizzle with dressing.Freeze option: Place shredded pork in freezer containers. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, stirring gently. Add a little broth if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 492 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 185mg cholesterol, 868mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 7g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2019