Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, thyme, lemon-pepper, cayenne and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper; sprinkle over both sides of chicken. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, water, vinegar and remaining sugar, salt and pepper; cover and refrigerate 1 cup for serving. Save remaining sauce for basting.
- Grill chicken, covered, over indirect medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with remaining sauce. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 704 calories, 62g fat (9g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 1465mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
May 12, 2016
So disappointed. :( It was way too spicy. My kids couldn't handle it.
Mar 15, 2015
So good! My new favorite recipe. Slice it up and put on salad!!
Sep 29, 2014
Excellent! This one definitely a keeper! Can't wait to make it again!!!
Mar 15, 2014
My family really enjoyed this tasty recipe! Even my husband, who isn't crazy about spicy food , loved this because the sauce helped to diminish the heat. Our grill wasn't working so I broiled it in the oven for 6 mins each side and it was perfect. I will definitely make this one again!
Jan 15, 2014
When I made this for the first time my husband raved about it. This is his first request when I ask what he would like for dinner. The sauce mellows the heat from the spices. We baste once we flip the breast once. I used miracle whip instead of mayo added a little sweetness. Leftovers are great on salad for lunch the next day.
Jan 8, 2014
This has an incredible flavor. You need to like heat though. I did not use the basting sauce because it just didn't sound appealing to me. I do not like vinegar at all, and I figured it would be overwhelming. I could be wrong, but I still didn't try it. :( I will definitely make this chicken again!! We loved it!
Dec 8, 2013
A lot of ingredients compared to how I usually cook for sake of time, but well worth it. Basting the chicken while cooking really helped keep it moist.
Oct 18, 2013
The spices on the chicken were pretty good but I didn't care for the mayo vinegar sauce ... next time ill skip that part.
Jun 8, 2013
omg this is awesome-spicy chicken mellowed out with that wonderful Alabama Barbecue Sauce.
May 3, 2012
I made a large batch of the spices and keep it in the cupboard, so it's easier to make often. However, I don't baste the chicken during cooking. I simply use the sauce as a dipping sauce.