Crusted Baked Chicken
Coating your chicken with flour before dipping it in buttermilk and rolling it in crumbs, help make it crisp. Moist and tender, this mouth- watering chicken is covered with a seasoned bread-crumb mixture and then baked golden brown.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Bake: 55 min.
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (4 to 5 pounds), cut up
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place buttermilk and flour in separate shallow bowls. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in buttermilk and coat with bread crumb mixture. Place on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Drizzle with butter. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear.