Marinated Venison Steaks
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min.
- 6 boneless venison steaks (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place venison in a shallow dish. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour half over the venison; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from steaks. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes. Turn; baste with reserved marinade. broil 4 minutes longer, basting often, or until a thermometer reads 140° for medium or 145° for medium-well.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 14, 2018
This marinade was excellent and the meat was absolutely delicious! Definitely will use this again!
Nov 6, 2017
This was the PERFECT marinade for our venison chops. I didn't have powdered mustard so subbed with 1-1/2 tbsp regular mustard and still had outstanding results broiling until medium rare. This marinade is a keeper in the recipe box!!!
Oct 11, 2010
I wish I could give this more stars! I have made MANY venison recipes and this is hands down the best way to marinate loin or tenderloin! Even non game eaters have enjoyed this tender, and super flavorful venison on the grill or broiler.