Caribbean Grilled Ribeyes
I made this mind-blowing steak with my father-in-law in mind. He loved it, and so did everyone else. You can serve it as part of all types of meals, but it's especially good alongside seafood. —De'Lawrence Reed, Durham, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup Dr Pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped seeded habanero pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 pound each)
- Place the first six ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Add steaks; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 steak: 762 calories, 54g fat (22g saturated fat), 202mg cholesterol, 442mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 61g protein.
Originally published as Dr. Peppered & Jerked To Death Grilled Rib Eye Steak in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.