Grilled Ribeye with Garlic Blue Cheese Mustard Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 10 min. + standing
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (1-1/2 inches thick and 12 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together cream, mustard, 1/4 cup blue cheese and garlic. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low; whisk occasionally.
- Meanwhile, rub meat with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill steaks, covered, on a greased rack over high direct heat 4-6 minutes on each side until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove from grill; let stand 10 minutes while sauce finishes cooking. When sauce is reduced by half, pour over steaks; top with remaining blue cheese.
Nutrition Facts1/2 steak with 3 tablespoons sauce: 547 calories, 39g fat (17g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 1088mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Apr 7, 2018
This review is for the sauce only. I cut the sauce in half for just 2 steaks and there was still some leftover. I think I had the pot on the stove for about 5-10 minutes to get it reduced by half. I lowered the mustard just slightly, not because of others' reviews but because that's all we had left! It was quite delicious, perfect on our steak. Can't wait to try it again!
Mar 27, 2018
Very good sauce. Instead of rib-eye, which is probably the best-tasting steak there is, but is also so fatty that it's like a work-out finding the lean meat, we ate beef tenderloin steaks, which are the most tender steak there is. I love mustard, so unlike the other folks who found the mustard to be "overpowering", I did not.
Nov 26, 2017
Oh MY, 3 of my favorites. Ribeye, garlic (you had me at garlic) and Blue Cheese. Thanks Ashley this is yummers.
Oct 1, 2017
I made this recipe exactly as stated and didn't feel like the mustard was too overpowering at all. Everyone liked it and will definitely make again.
Jul 18, 2017
I felt the mustard was very overpowering, so next time I would cut back on the mustard or add more of the other flavors to balance the dish. This was a great sauce though. It would also pair nicely with pork.
May 29, 2017
This was very very good. The next time I make this though, I will up the garlic in the sauce to 2 cloves and maybe another 8th of a cup of blue cheese as I mostly tasted Dijon. But, even at that, it was very tasty. Be sure to allow plenty of time to reduce the sauce by half before you put the steaks on. My timing was off and I ended up with medium well steaks rather than the rare I prefer.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.