Grilled Ribeyes with Greek Relish
The classic Grecian flavors of olives, feta cheese and tomatoes are a surefire hit. Combine them to complement a perfectly grilled steak, and it’s magic. —Mary Lou Cook, Welches, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2/3 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 pound each)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- For relish, combine tomatoes, onion, olives, cilantro, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, oil and garlic.
- Drizzle remaining lemon juice over steaks. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 5 minutes before cutting steaks in half. Serve with relish and cheese.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked beef with 2/3 cup relish and 1/4 cup cheese: 597 calories, 44g fat (16g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 723mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 37g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Steaks with Greek Relish and Warm Pita Bread in Modern Comfort Summer 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.