Linda’s Best Marinated Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 40 min.
- 1-1/4 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Place the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Pour 2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade during the last 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts7 ounces cooked chicken: 533 calories, 38g fat (8g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 42g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 23, 2016
Loved this dish! Used chicken breasts. Cooked these in the oven instead of grill. They turned out beautiful and moist. Whole family gave this a 10! Will definitely be a favourite for us from now on. Thanks for a great recipe.
Jul 29, 2015
Amazing flavor! We used boneless skinless chicken. Turned out so good. Definitely a keeper!
Jul 20, 2014
This one is a keeper at our house. Great flavor and did keep the chicken moist. I had to really cut the portions down since I was using 3 chicken breast rather than a whole fryer.
Dec 15, 2013
Made as described by Linda. She is right, very moist and tender. I refrigerated 24 hrs for max effect. If you grill indiredt, covered with the vents wide open, there is no need to turn the chicken pieces during grilling process. The more you take off the lid the more constant heat you lose. Which is very important when grilling chicken. Just baste once at the 15 min mark and at the table.
Oct 7, 2013
This turned out really good. I used chicken thighs and baked them in the oven rather than grilling them. The chicken was really juicy and had great flavor.
Jul 24, 2013
I generally find most marinades for chicken to be a tad bland. Not the case here! This has robust flavor even with these basic ingredients. I used boneless skinless breasts and it grilled up great! Yum!
Jun 8, 2013
Great marinade! Recipe makes plenty to use another time.
May 28, 2013
Made this for Memorial weekend. Because of the larger chicken breasts I pre-baked mine for 30 min on a slotted roasting pan prior to grilling. It helped ensure chicken was thoroughly cooked and came out very tender and tasty.
May 26, 2013
This marinade was very easy to make and very tasty! We're going to try it as a steak marinade as well. YUM!
May 16, 2013
This was just OK. I found the marinade to be too acidic.