Grilled Hash Browns
Since my husband and I love to grill meats, we're always looking for easy side dishes that cook on the grill, too. So I came up with this simple recipe for hash browns. There are never any leftovers. —Kelly Chastain, Bedford, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3-1/2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- Dash seasoned salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place potatoes on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 20 in. x 18 in.) coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with onion, bouillon, seasoned salt and pepper; drizzle with butter.
- Fold foil around potatoes and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning once.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 89 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 652mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Hash Browns in Quick Cooking January/February 2003