Au Gratin Hash Browns
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 cups cornflakes, lightly crushed
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, cheese, onion, salt and pepper. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, soup and 1/4 cup butter. Pour over potato mixture and mix gently to combine. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Toss cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 324 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 681mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Mar 14, 2015
I followed the recipe except for the cornflakes and felt they were a little dry. The taste was very good. If I make them again I'd mix a little milk with the soup.
Oct 6, 2014
I have never in my 50 years of life made better cheese potatoes than these. This a great dish that I always got stuck taking to every family holiday . I will be making a double batch on Thanksgiving for my boyfriend and I. He will love this recipe! Thank you!!!!!
Sep 5, 2010
Everyone loves these!