Au Gratin Hash Browns
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 cups cornflakes, lightly crushed
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, cheese, onion, salt and pepper. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, soup and 1/4 cup butter. Pour over potato mixture and mix gently to combine. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Toss cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 324 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 681mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 14, 2015
I followed the recipe except for the cornflakes and felt they were a little dry. The taste was very good. If I make them again I'd mix a little milk with the soup.
Oct 6, 2014
I have never in my 50 years of life made better cheese potatoes than these. This a great dish that I always got stuck taking to every family holiday . I will be making a double batch on Thanksgiving for my boyfriend and I. He will love this recipe! Thank you!!!!!
Sep 5, 2010
Everyone loves these!