Hash Browns with Ham
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3-1/4 hours
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the potatoes, ham, onion and 1 cup cheese. Combine soup and butter; pour over potato mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in sour cream. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 431 calories, 29g fat (18g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 889mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Mar 18, 2013
Gentlearts do you add he sour cream at the end like the slow cooker method or at the beginning along with the rest of he ingredients. Thanks
Mar 18, 2013
This is just everybody's favorite cheese and hashbrown recipe with a cup of ham thrown in, adapted for the crockpot. I suppose this would be sensible if you were taking it to a potluck and wanted to keep it hot. Otherwise, I'd just make it ahead, put it in a 13x9 casserole dish and bake it at 375 for about an hour. My philosophy of slow cooking is, Why guesstimate when something will be done, when you can just cook it the regular way?
Oct 6, 2011
How long did you leave it in the oven and at what temp, please??
Jan 22, 2011
I made this recipe today and have to say its much better baked in the oven than in a crock pot.