Southern Hash Browns and Ham Sheet Pan Bake
There's nothing more perfect on a busy weeknight than breakfast for dinner, especially when a sheet pan is used to make it. In my recipe, hash browns and ham are tossed with a special sauce that's sweet, tangy and irresistible. Add in a few eggs and some freshly chopped scallions, and dinner—or breakfast&mash;is served. —Colleen Delawder, Herndon, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place potatoes in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Bake until edges are golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine jelly, preserves, horseradish sauce, Dijon, garlic powder and onion powder. Pour over potatoes; add ham. Toss to coat.
- With the back of a spoon, make 4 wells in potato mixture. Break an egg in each well. Bake until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions and additional pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 483 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 228mg cholesterol, 1340mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Southern Hash Browns & Ham Sheet Pan Bake in Taste of Home August/September 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.