Easy Ham Hash
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound finely ground fully cooked ham
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine ham and onion. Shred potatoes and add to ham mixture. Stir in the butter, Parmesan cheese, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish and pepper.
- Spoon into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, pressing down firmly. Combine cheeses; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 426 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 1260mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Mar 27, 2014
This was just okay for me. I used a package of diced ham and a package of pre-shredded fresh potatoes. Maybe the ground ham would have made a difference. I served it for supper, but probably would have enjoyed it more for breakfast/brunch. Maybe it would be good with an egg, sour cream and salsa on top. I should experiment more.
Aug 7, 2013
I was needing a recipe for leftover ham and found this one. Very easy and economical to prepare it was delicious. Would make a very good brunch dish.
Jun 11, 2012
This was really good. We like it alot.
Apr 1, 2011
for lmnh8--I use my cuisinart's steel blade and pulse the ham until I see the size I want.
Apr 1, 2011
this looks great, any ideas on the best way to grind the ham?
Nov 23, 2010
My dad loves this. It turned out really good. I have made it for him at least 6 times already.
Mar 22, 2009
I tried this for work. Changing it just a bit. I didn't have ham so used bacon and used Dubliner cheese rather then the ones listed. Plus used 2 eggs and a 1/4 cup of milk. It was delish.