Grilled Mahi Mahi
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or pineapple juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 mahi mahi fillets (6 ounces each)
- TROPICAL FRUIT SALSA:
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled papaya
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a shallow dish, combine the teriyaki sauce, sherry or pineapple juice and garlic; add mahi mahi. Turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place mahi mahi on an oiled grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 208 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 633 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Aug 14, 2016
Found this recipe in a Taste of Home Grill It! cookbook that I purchased at a yard sale. Excellent recipe, so quick and easy! The tropical salsa paired beautifully with the mahi mahi.
Aug 10, 2014
This is a healthy delicious meal for the summer with the added bonus of not having to use the oven in August! I serve it with an almond coconut rice in the side.
Jun 4, 2013
Tropical Fruit Salsa got a little pricey with all the ingredients but was delicious.
May 6, 2013
DELICIOUS! Very easy to make. I doubled up my mango because I did not have any papaya. I used canned pineapple. I will try to use the fresh one next time although we like the salsa. I boiled the marinade then used it to blanch some fresh spinach which I used as bed for the grilled Mahi mahi. Thank you for sharing.
Aug 19, 2011
This was the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. If you want an even quicker recipe use canned Dole tropical fruit.
Aug 5, 2010
We just love this recipe- I make it with Sherry. Even my 3 & 6 year olds love it!
Aug 1, 2010
Mar 23, 2010
Great recipe! Couldn't find a papaya anywhere so I tried Craisins instead turned out great, but I will definitely try it again with the correct ingredients.
Jul 24, 2009
sauteed this delicious meal on the stovetop(after marinating the fish). And I used a can of tropical fruit(drained), put it in the lemon & lime juices