Grilled Spiced Fish
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano, basil and thyme
- Spoon oil over fish. In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; sprinkle over fish and press into both sides. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fillets, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 202 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 664mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Jul 19, 2015
Easy and delicious!! And I am not a huge fan of fish but this was excellent!
Aug 4, 2014
Delicious. Just the right amount of spice to suit my family.
Jun 28, 2014
Super! i even used Tilapia with fantastic results! I will be making this alot this summer!
May 27, 2013
OMG, this is so good and soooo easy to make. I broiled instead of grilled and it turned out really really good. This would be over the top if grilled (instead of broiled). Will definitely be making again many times this summer, on the grill next time (s). Spicy but not too spicy at all. I might substitute smoked paprika at least for some of the paprika next time.
Aug 2, 2010
Excellent! I have never made fish directly on the grill. The oil worked well on the grill - fish started to stick in just a couple spots, use a large spatula to gently loosen and then flip fillets over. I didn't have white pepper, so i just added a few grinds of black pepper, was not too spicy at all. Husband agreed that this is definitely a keeper recipe. Served with salad and a rice side dish. YUM!
Mar 3, 2010
My sister and my step-daughter, who do not like fish, love this and now make it frequently. I make it on my George Foreman grill, and it turns out great. Easy, fast, delicious and spiiiiiicy!
Mar 3, 2010
My sister and my step-daughter, who do not like fish, love this and now make it frequently. Easy, fast, delicious and spiiiiiicy!
Jan 15, 2010
I make this recipe regularly, but I bake it in the oven and it still turns out great.