Orzo-Tuna Salad with Tomatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced
- 16 small fresh basil leaves
- 1 pouch (11 ounces) light tuna in water
- 1 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Arrange sliced tomatoes on a serving plate; top with whole basil leaves.
- Drain pasta; rinse with cold water and place in a large bowl. Add tuna, cheese and minced basil. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; drizzle over pasta mixture and toss to combine. Spoon over tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 392 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 523mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 1, 2014
I was not impressed with this meal. I was craving tomatoes for the past couple days so I thought this would be a good fix, but it felt lacking in flavor.
Jun 22, 2013
Very good and very easy. Since I did not have any fresh basil, I used dried very sparingly. Husband and I both agree it's a keeper!
Jun 8, 2013
This was ok. I think it's missing something.
Jun 7, 2013
Followed recipe. Did use Albacore tuna. I thought there was too much bazil (I like bazil). It would make a nice light summer lunch.