Crunchy Tuna Salad with Tomatoes
On a hot summer day, there's nothing more refreshing than this salad. I grow a few tomato plants in my garden and the fresh-picked taste makes the dish even more of a treat. —Diane Selich, Vassar, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley or 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) albacore white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, onion, celery, parsley and pepper. Stir in tuna. Serve with tomato wedges.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup tuna salad with 1 tomato: 280 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 656mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Summer Stuffed Tomatoes in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Apr 12, 2019
It tastes good
Oct 7, 2018
Yum! Very similar to how I make mine. I eat tuna like this year round, but you are oh so right, to have fresh home grown tomatoes to go with - heavenly.