Tomato-Basil Orzo Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup each chopped carrot, celery and onion
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (19 ounces) ready-to-serve tomato basil or hearty tomato soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- In a small saucepan, saute the carrot, celery, onion, basil, oregano and thyme in oil for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add soup and broth. Bring to a boil. Stir in orzo. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until orzo and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cup: 404 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 1614mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 6g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 1, 2014
Delicious and so easy to make!
Jul 18, 2011
I make this soup when I am in the mood for a more hearty tomato soup. Even though the base for this is a can of soup, other wonderful ingredients are being added and the soup takes hardly any time at all. That's how a soup recipe can be great even if you use a can of soup to make it!
Mar 19, 2011
I made this soup for a seven-course meal I was serving. It was a hit! You can saute the veggies and spices, then freeze for later, so the soup can be made in a snap.
Feb 26, 2011
how can this soup recipe be a good recipe when you are using cans of soup to make soup???
Oct 3, 2010
Even my ultra picky 5 year old ate this! Definitely a winner!!
Aug 13, 2010
Made a typing mistake in my review. Meant to say that I added 1 1/2 cans of chopped tomatoes with juice.
Aug 13, 2010
I added yellow pepper instead of the carrot. Used 1 10 oz. can of tomato soup and added 1/12 soup cans of chopped tomatoes with juice. Otherwise I made the recipe as directed. Will definately make it again. Next time I will double the recipe.
Oct 12, 2009
Yummy! Easy! Healthy!