Lemony Mushroom-Orzo Soup for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a small saucepan, saute mushrooms and onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, parsley, thyme and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Stir in the orzo, lemon juice and zest. Cook until pasta is tender, 5-6 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 191 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Nov 20, 2019
We also love mushrooms and orzo pasta, but in our case the lemon did not work for us
May 18, 2014
We love orzo and mushroom so how could we not enjoy. The lemon zest and fresh lemon juice add a more delicate flavor which adds to all else. I omitted the parsley and thyme just not to my taste. We will definitely make again and again. I increased quantities to six servings and only wanted to have left overs so we'll have to make again real soon. Used baby portabellas sliced.