Lemon Parmesan Orzo
A splash of lemon and shower of chopped parsley brighten this orzo, one of my family's most requested springtime sides. It's fantastic with chicken, pork and fish, or you can eat it on its own as light lunch. —Leslie Palmer, Swampscott, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. Transfer to a small bowl; drizzle with oil. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 191 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jun 9, 2014
Nice, easy side dish. I toasted the orzo first for a bit more flavor.
Apr 27, 2014
Nice and light. Assembled quickly. "Lemon" in the name is a bit misleading. There was only a slight hint of lemon in the overall flavor. Nonetheless, a keeper.