Lemon Parmesan Orzo
A splash of lemon and a shower of chopped parsley make this orzo one of my family's most-requested sides. It's fantastic with chicken, pork and fish. —Leslie Palmer, Swampscott, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. Transfer to a small bowl; drizzle with oil. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 191 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jun 9, 2014
Nice, easy side dish. I toasted the orzo first for a bit more flavor.
Apr 27, 2014
Nice and light. Assembled quickly. "Lemon" in the name is a bit misleading. There was only a slight hint of lemon in the overall flavor. Nonetheless, a keeper.