Lemon Mushroom Orzo
Sometimes I serve this side dish chilled; sometimes I serve it hot. It has a lovely appearance and goes well with almost any entree. —Shelly Nelson, Akeley, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender and lightly browned. Drain orzo.
- In a large bowl, place orzo, mushroom mixture, pecans, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining oil; toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 225 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Lemon Orzo Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.