Lemon Shrimp Orzo
What I love about this lemon shrimp orzo is that it's so tasty and it can be eaten hot or cold. It tastes great with chicken, too. —Aleni Salcedo, East Elmhurst, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth, orzo and water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, until orzo is al dente, 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, arugula, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, 4-5 minutes. Stir in olives. Sprinkle with feta and basil leaves.