Shrimp & Feta Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Crusty whole grain bread, optional
- In a large skillet, combine tomatoes, garlic powder and basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle feta over shrimp; serve with bread if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups (calculated without bread): 261 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 187mg cholesterol, 1092mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein.
Jul 5, 2017
This was super quick and easy, not to mention good. I served the dinner with saut?ed zoodles for a quick healthy weeknight meal.
Jul 12, 2016
This is one of my husband's favorite recipes, and I love it because you can add anything you like and it only enhances the flavor. My husband loves olives, so chopping up some black olives and tossing them in is a great addition. Another plus is I don't like feta so he can add the cheese to the top of his while I leave it off and we're both happy. A really simple and quick meal.
May 5, 2016
This was delicious! I think next time I might try marinating the shrimp overnight in some Italian dressing? I would also add more salt and more oregano. I would double the amount of feta cheese. Will make this again!
Jan 12, 2015
I wasn't expecting much from this recipe, but I happened to have the necessary ingredients on hand. I was very pleasantly surprised. The few minutes of simmering the tomatoes with the dried basil and the garlic (I used fresh) really deepened the flavors. Another plus for me was the fact that the recipe lends itself to being halved, which is important for the two of us. Next time I will try adding some fresh basil toward the end of the cooking time.(I also omitted the feta!)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.