Feta Shrimp Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and, if desired, wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp and parsley; cook 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, until cheese is softened.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 240 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 748mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 6, 2019
This was amazing! Served it to my fiance who couldn't stop raving about how good it was and made me promise to make it again. I used red wine instead of white and I added some asparagus for extra veggie fiber and it was delicious. Thank you!
Nov 9, 2019
I expected a real treat, but unfortunately I didn't enjoy this recipe very much.
Jun 6, 2019
This was so good. I used white whine vinegar instead. I also served it over pasta! I just needed more food. Thank you so much for sharing!
May 9, 2019
One word....amazing I added capers to this dish and my family went nuts.
Jan 17, 2019
super easy to make and yummy!
Jan 13, 2019
My family couldn't get enough. Served with brown rice and still delicious
Oct 21, 2018
Such an easy dish to make. And so tasty. I served it over angel hair pasta. My family loved the flavors..
Sep 27, 2018
May 19, 2017
This is so easy to prepare, and it's delicious too! My husband and I ate it over rice with saut?ed green beans, tossed salad, and good bread on the side. I will definitely make this again. Thanks, Sonali, for a quick and wonderful recipe!
May 14, 2017
Substituted red onion, because that's what I had on hand. Very good recipe!