Feta Shrimp Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and, if desired, wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp and parsley; cook 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, until cheese is softened.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 240 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 748mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
May 19, 2017
This is so easy to prepare, and it's delicious too! My husband and I ate it over rice with saut?ed green beans, tossed salad, and good bread on the side. I will definitely make this again. Thanks, Sonali, for a quick and wonderful recipe!
May 14, 2017
Substituted red onion, because that's what I had on hand. Very good recipe!
Feb 16, 2017
Delicious and easy. What more is there to say!!?!
Nov 3, 2016
Great flavor served with angel hair
Nov 1, 2016
My husband I love this recipe. Since I don't care for feta, it's great that I can take a portion out for me before adding the cheese to the dish. There are definitely never any leftovers of this dish whenever I make it.
Oct 11, 2016
Delicious! Used feta cheese with jalapenos. Added a little spice to the dish. Served it over rice.
May 31, 2016
No adjustments. Delicious!
Apr 30, 2016
Superb, is the only word to describe this. Followed the recipe, with two changes; added hot pepper flakes, as we like the food on a spicy side & doubled the amount of oregano. Served it over pasta.Thank you so much for sharing your recipe with us all.
Apr 28, 2016
LOVE THIS RECIPE! I made it last night and I will most definitely make it again. I used what I had in my cupboards. I used stewed tomatoes, cooking white wine, Italian blend of herbs and minced garlic that comes in a jar. It was spectacular! Very simple to make and not time consuming at all. I sat on my screened in porch and it was like eating at a gourmet restaurant in Greece! LOL May there be many happy days ahead for you and your husband! Thank you so much for this recipe, Sonali! 5-STARS!
Apr 11, 2016
I didn't even make this 100% as directed (no real onion, no white wine) and it was still awesome! Served over rice to soak up any juices. Can't wait for lunch leftovers tomorrow!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.