Feta Shrimp Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and, if desired, wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp and parsley; cook 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, until cheese is softened.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 240 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 748mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 17, 2019
super easy to make and yummy!
Jan 13, 2019
My family couldn't get enough. Served with brown rice and still delicious
Oct 21, 2018
Such an easy dish to make. And so tasty. I served it over angel hair pasta. My family loved the flavors..
Sep 27, 2018
May 19, 2017
This is so easy to prepare, and it's delicious too! My husband and I ate it over rice with saut?ed green beans, tossed salad, and good bread on the side. I will definitely make this again. Thanks, Sonali, for a quick and wonderful recipe!
May 14, 2017
Substituted red onion, because that's what I had on hand. Very good recipe!
Feb 16, 2017
Delicious and easy. What more is there to say!!?!
Nov 3, 2016
Great flavor served with angel hair
Nov 1, 2016
My husband I love this recipe. Since I don't care for feta, it's great that I can take a portion out for me before adding the cheese to the dish. There are definitely never any leftovers of this dish whenever I make it.
Oct 11, 2016
Delicious! Used feta cheese with jalapenos. Added a little spice to the dish. Served it over rice.