Quick Moroccan Shrimp Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup uncooked pearl (Israeli) couscous
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning (ras el hanout)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups hot water
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and pine nuts until onion is tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in all remaining ingredients except parsley; bring just to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until shrimp turn pink, 4-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. If desired, top with parsley.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 335 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 626mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Jan 1, 2020
This was absolutely delicious. Everyone in the house loved it - including my picky college kid. Changes I made: I used fresh garlic rather than garlic salt, added about a 1/4 cup of golden raisins and some of the family added red pepper flakes to theirs for some extra "heat." They normally put hot sauce of some kind on everything, but not this - it had plenty of flavor on its own. This dish is super simple to make. Add a salad and voila!