Chimichurri Shrimp Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 3 cups packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the parsley, oil, lime juice, garlic, vinegar, cumin, salt, oregano and pepper; cover and process until blended.
- In a large skillet, saute shrimp in 1/4 cup parsley mixture for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute red pepper and onion in 1/4 cup parsley mixture until tender. Stir in the shrimp, rice, grapes and remaining parsley mixture; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 421 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Aug 1, 2015
Rather than rice, I used quinoa, skipped the grapes, and added a little feta cheese. I kept the heart of the dish and followed the recipe exactly for the chimichurri and that's what was most disappointing about this recipe to me. The sauce was very heavy and I honestly couldn't get through it. We just may not be a chimichurri family, to my disappointment. No one could finish their meals and I don't plan to make this dish again.
Feb 24, 2012
Just finished dinner after preparing this one. It was delish. A definite do-over. (I left out the cumin since I'm not a fan, but the combination of everything else was a hit.)
Oct 20, 2011
My husband and I really liked this recipe! I'm not a huge fan of parsley, but it cooks up wonderfully in this recipe and it didn't have a bitter taste at all. I did make one small change. I don't care for the texture and appearance of instant rice so I used jasmine. It took a little longer to make, but was still really easy. Will definitely make this one again!
Jul 1, 2011
I omitted the grapes, because I didn't think we would care for the combination. When I went to add the rice at the end, it seemed like too much, so I didn't add all of it (all but maybe a cup or so of the cooked rice). It had a unique flavor. I really enjoyed this dish!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.