Creamy Shrimp Noodle Skillet
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) medium egg noodles
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute the onions, green pepper, celery and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in cream, Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add the shrimp, jalapeno pepper and parsley. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Stir in cheese; cook 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Stir in noodles; heat through.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 670 calories, 36g fat (22g saturated fat), 289mg cholesterol, 723mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Sep 2, 2016
This is just an excellent, easy, one-pot dish. I halved the recipe to serve just two of us, added some cooked peas, and it served as a meal all on its own. A definite keeper for it's ease of preparation!
Aug 10, 2011
This is excellent, my 25 yr old son makes it himself, and also put in chicken with shrimp
Aug 25, 2010
Very good and easy to make
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.