Creamy Noodle Casserole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) egg noodles
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt and pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and ham; cook 5-10 minutes longer or until noodles are tender.
- Drain; return to pan. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted and mixture is heated through. Freeze option: Freeze cooled noodle mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little broth or milk if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 428 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 1087mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 4, 2017
It was okay. Definitely need to add seasoning
Apr 11, 2015
great flavor & quick & easy. All the picky eaters even liked this-ALOT. Thanks for the recipe it's definitely a keeper.
Feb 19, 2015
Tasted good. I used chicken and fresh broccoli. Easy and quick!
Sep 18, 2014
I left out the ham to have a vegetarian meal. I mostly eyeballed the sauce to determine the amounts and it turned out very creamy. I did mix the sauce ingredients separately and then added them to the pasta. I also added basil with the other seasonings. I used fresh broccoli and cooked it before adding it to the pasta and I used less butter than called for. It was all very good.
Sep 5, 2014
I halved the recipe because there's only 2 of us. I also, of course, did some tweaking. I doubled the Parmesan and fat-free half-and-half. I used less butter and more garlic, salt and pepper. Then, to make it creamier, I used 1/2 cup of plain yogurt. Next time, I think I'll use an Italian blend of shredded cheese instead of mozzarella because it's too stringy. But I like the combination of ingredients and will definitely make it again.
Feb 18, 2012
Frankly, I would triple the sauce ingredients and mix them separately in a bowel, then add. The recommendations to saute the ham with onion and seasonings before adding are good too. Otherwise, a good comfort food dish and a way of using leftover ham.
Mar 3, 2011
Whole Family thought this was very good. I did saute the hame and seasonings with some onion. Then added to the rest. Really good but I would double the sauce to make creamier.
Dec 27, 2010
So good! Whole family liked it. I used fresh broccoli-steamed. Fried 1/4 cup onion in some butter, added ham (instead of boiling) added a clove of garlic(instead of powder). Only had two cups of ham otherwise everything was the same and was great!
Aug 12, 2010
SO easy and SO good! I used green beans instead of broccoli and I actually looked forward to eating the leftovers!
Mar 17, 2010
Very good and very simple. I used less mozzarella cheese, less butter, and skim milk rather than half and half to make it a little healthier.