Buttermilk Noodle Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add buttermilk. Stir in mushrooms, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add noodles and beef mixture; mix well. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 469 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 1485mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Jan 5, 2017
Made this tonight; both hubs and I didn't like this at all. Tasted like ketchup-flavored noodles to us. I won't be making this again.
Mar 30, 2014
Fabulous!!! Can't ever go wrong with using buttermilk as a staple in creamy sauces. yummy! thanks for the good old fashioned recipe.
Nov 24, 2013
This is delicious! Everyone loved it. It is filling and it has the most wonderful flavor. I was skeptical when I read the recipe, but I am very glad I made this. It is a definite keeper and so easy to throw together.