Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 1 package (1 pound) egg noodles
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 4 whole crackers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Toss with butter; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, sour cream and cottage cheese until well blended. Stir in noodles.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 432 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 191mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Mar 27, 2018
This is a traditional recipe for our family. It is a sweet Kugel that has even been eaten as dessert. And is almost as yummy cold as warm.
Oct 18, 2017
I had been looking for a non sweet Kugel recipe for a long time!This is a great recipe, but I subbed seasoned breadcrumbs for the graham crackers.. and omitted the sugar.Thank you for sharing! Shalom :)
Sep 7, 2017
This recipe was made for 1 person. I cut it in half, and it was too much sugar. I didn't put the topping on it because I thought it was too much. I did NOT like this recipe and won't be making it again.
Mar 28, 2016
I have made this a couple of times. It is delicious, but super sweet with all of that sugar. The first time I made it my friend said "this taste more like desert than a dinner dish." This time I cut the sugar back to 3/4 cup and it was still plenty sweet. Next time I think I will only use 1/2 cup.
Mar 26, 2015
Feb 23, 2012
WOULD ONE OF YOU GORGEOUS LADIES HAVE THE TIME TO POST THE NOODLE KUGEL RECIPE TO ME MY GANG LOVES IT AND AM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A TRIED AND TRUE RECIPE. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. THIS WILL BE A WONDERFUL SIDE FOR EASTER. AND WHEN WE GO TO THE 5TH WHEEL IN JUNE IT WILL BE FANTASTIC FOR THE POT LUCK TABLE. HAVE A FAB DAY. LOTS OF LOVE HOLEE
Dec 20, 2011
the addition of one small can of crushed pineapple is wonderful!
Oct 14, 2011
My family are Italian Jewish and the first time I made this it was a home run. Although I must admit only 3/4 c, sugar was used. But truly fantabulous. Will definitely make it again, again. again and so on. Thank you for delicious"KUGEL".
Dec 28, 2010
2 cups of sugar?????? That must be a misprint. Most call for 1/2 cup, 1 cup at the very most. You should clarify.