Lemon Noodle Kugel
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and return to pan. Toss with butter; set aside.
- Beat eggs, sour cream, cottage cheese, milk, 3/4 cup sugar and extracts until well blended. Stir in noodles. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over noodles.
- Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 160°, 55-60 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 321 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Oct 2, 2011
This was the first Kugel I'd made or tasted. It was not bad, but I thought the lemon extract flavor was a little strong and kind of off putting. Maybe it was just my taster, becuase it was well received by those at the church supper I took it to. I'm going to try other recipes to see if I like them better.
Dec 2, 2010
I love kugel and this is a great one! I also added the zest of one lemon and substituted nutmeg for the cinnamon, which I think is a better combo. The kids and I gobbled it up :)
Aug 29, 2008
I made this for a family gathering several months ago. My two nephews loved it as did everyone else. hey were given the left over to take home but forgot it. They returnrd the following day to retrieve it, traveling 35 miles. I certainly will make it again, especially when they are coming to the get together Rose--Harrisburg PA
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.