Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Toss with butter; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs for 3-4 minutes or until thickened and lemon-colored. Beat in the cottage cheese, sour cream, milk, cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, vanilla and salt until blended. Stir in noodles.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over noodle mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 244 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Mar 10, 2016
We all loved it ..... have made it three times already. Thanks for the recipe.
Dec 4, 2013
Not that good. The apricot kugel on this site is MUCH better.
Jun 14, 2013
I'd entered this recipe in the "Oodles of Noodles" cooking contest in Taste of Home. In 2002, I heard from Country Extra that it was an Honorable Mention! I was thrilled to hear about that! delowenstein
Jun 14, 2013
This is my recipe & I've made it MANY times!It wins raves from my family-I make it for the Passover & Rosh Hashanah holidays with my family!It IS VERY rich & does taste like cheesecake! A friend gave me the recipe& I've used the recipe since!Dawn E. Lowenstein
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.