Apricot Cheese Kugel
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) wide egg noodles
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 12 large eggs
- 1 jar (18 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth; stir in lemon juice. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Drain and rinse noodles; add to egg mixture.
- Spoon half into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the preserves; sprinkle with half of the cinnamon. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 466 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 233mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 8, 2013
This is way beyond good, it's totally excellent!! Perfectly balanced, didn't have to change a thing. A definite "keeper" recipe. Thank you so much !!
Jan 9, 2012
Yummy and comforting dish; quick and easy to make. Great for cold, wet weather like today.
Aug 19, 2011
This is an awesome recipe and is the dish is always scraped clean whenever I take it to church potlucks.
Jan 9, 2011
yum-o!!! although it was terrific with apricot jam, next time i'll try using drained canned apricots.
Apr 28, 2008