Cauliflower Dill Kugel
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced shallots
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup dill weed, divided
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon zest, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower, thawed and patted dry
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add shallots; cook and stir until golden brown, 3-5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup parsley, cheese, 3 tablespoons dill, 2 teaspoons lemon zest, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Stir in cauliflower and reserved shallots. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining butter. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic powder, remaining parsley, dill, lemon zest and salt. Sprinkle over cauliflower mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, until set, 35-45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 289 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 7, 2018
This is delicious - thank you so much Arlene! I will admit that I only used half the amount of dill - not a big fan. Next time I may leave the dill out completely; it will still be awesome! Try this, it is quite tasty!