Creamy Corn Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups fresh, frozen or drained canned corn
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, optional
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- In a medium skillet, saute celery, onion and red pepper in 2 tablespoons of butter for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat; stir in soup, corn, water chestnuts and almonds if desired.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle on top of casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 148 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 4, 2014
My family loves this recipe. We had a couple of cups of it left over from Thanksgiving. I added a 16 oz. can of chicken broth, some more red pepper (I would have used a can of green chilies, but I didn't have any), and about a cup of diced turkey. Let it heat through on low in the crock pot for about 4 hours. Made great corn chowder.
Mar 8, 2012
Ironically, the water chestnut are what drew me to this recipe, and that's what I disliked! The red pepper, celery and onion were a good combination. Wish I'd left out the water chestnuts.