Rich and Creamy Corn Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 cups frozen gold and white corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the corn, 1/4 cup Parmesan, Romano, cream cheese, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and top is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 315 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Jan 22, 2018
My first time making corn casserole. Was easy to follow, not a lot of ingredients. Everything went together quickly. I brought it to work as a dish to pass. It reheated well, and it was the only side to get completely eaten. Everyone raved about it. It was not salty, very creamy. I will definetely make this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.