Rich and Creamy Corn Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 cups frozen gold and white corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the corn, 1/4 cup Parmesan, Romano, cream cheese, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and top is golden brown.
Jan 22, 2018
My first time making corn casserole. Was easy to follow, not a lot of ingredients. Everything went together quickly. I brought it to work as a dish to pass. It reheated well, and it was the only side to get completely eaten. Everyone raved about it. It was not salty, very creamy. I will definetely make this again.