Shrimp Orzo with Feta
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Stir in shrimp. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until shrimp turn pink, 4-5 minutes.
- 2. Drain orzo. Add orzo, cilantro and pepper to shrimp mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
1 cup: 406 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 180mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 9g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Oct 9, 2018My three favorite thing,ORZO SHRIMP and FETA soo good!
Dec 25, 2017
Delicious and easy to make
Oct 6, 2017
I can't get the stars to work right, they seem to limit me to only 3 stars, but I thought that this recipe was better than that. I followed the recipe exactly and my son, who is 39, really liked it a lot.
Feb 2, 2017
Didn't add the cikantro and liked it, but it seemed to need something. May try adding basil if I make it again.
Dec 31, 1969
Jun 27, 2016
A little on the bland side...next time we will add a touch of old bay.
Apr 25, 2016
I followed the recipe exactly but this was way too bland.
Mar 7, 2016
Easy, quick, light meal. I liked the idea of adding spinach, will add a little more next time. I used shaved Parmesan and added a few spices.
Dec 31, 2015
This is a quick and lovely meal. I kept it warm in a crockpot to serve at a buffet. You would easily impress company with this one. The flavors are light and refreshing, and could be easily tweaked to suit individual tastes
Aug 17, 2016
Love this fast meal! I substituted parmesan for feta and about a cup of spinach for the cilantro to make it a one pot meal.