Pecan Spinach Salad
My family thinks this refreshing salad is sensational. Coated with a pleasant vinaigrette and topped with toasted pecans and blue cheese, it has an impressive look and taste. Though it can be prepared in 10 minutes or less, don't tell my family because they'd never believe it!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, pecans, bacon and blue cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 339 calories, 33g fat (6g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 582mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Sensational Spinach Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2005