Mandarin Pecan Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 10 pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- POPPY SEED DRESSING:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Divide the romaine, oranges, pecans and cranberries between two salad plates. In a blender, combine the oil, honey, vinegar, mustard, salt and onion powder; cover and process until smooth. Stir in poppy seeds. Drizzle over salads.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 333 calories, 26g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 23, 2017
I prepared this salad recently and we enjoyed it. I chopped the cucumbers instead of slicing them. We thought the dressing just a dab bland so next time I might jazz it up a little. Just our taste. We will have this salad again.
Apr 28, 2010
Very yummy, but it makes much more dressing than 2 people need for one salad. I also just wire-whisked the dressing together in a bowl; didn't want to clean the blender for so little substance.
Dec 5, 2009
I love this salad, in fact I often crave it. It's sweet and crunchy and the dressing is delicious. It's also easy to make.
Jul 17, 2009
this is a great tasting salad the dressing is wonderful.