Honey Pecan & Goat Cheese Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon honey, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- In a shallow microwave-safe dish, combine pecans and 2 teaspoons honey; microwave, uncovered, on high 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring twice. Immediately transfer to waxed paper-lined baking sheet to cool.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk 1/3 cup oil, vinegar, remaining honey, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place flour, egg and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Shape cheese into eight balls; flatten slightly. Coat cheese with flour, then dip in egg and coat with bread crumbs.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-hight heat. Fry cheese 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Divide salad greens among four plates; top with cheese. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with honey pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 570 calories, 47g fat (10g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 763mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 13, 2011
Excellent salad. I added Pomegranetes to this salad and it was really good.
Sep 28, 2011
It was so good, especially with garlic and chives in the goat cheese! A keeper for sure..